weatherbug 100% awake?

Last Updated:

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just noticed a 100% awake time issue. When i kill weatherbug elite my hero sleeps

Anyone else having this problem?

FYI I am rooted and romd, fresh 1.0 if it matters.

Advertisement
  2. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member

I have had Weatherbug Elite for a month and it has not affected my awake time at all. I check it 3 or 4 times a day and it's usually 10% - 15%.

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Its probably tied into location somehow. I have weatherbug free and no 100% awake issue. I am also fresh 1.0

4. vw driver

vw driver Well-Known Member

I had Weather Bug for about a week, then upgraded to the Elete. No problems with it causing awake problems.

Its that I keep playing with the phone that runs my battery down :D

5. TF1984

Well I did find conclusively that Weatherbug is the culprit. Without it on my phone it sleeps just fine, with it, no sleep.

I will probably reinstall it anyway as I use it so much. If battery life becomes an issue, which it hasn't yet then i will remove it forever.

6. rivercat123

WB Elite is only $1.99. It's better than WB and doesn't drain my battery.

7. TF1984

I have elite too.

8. rivercat123

I used WB before I got WB Elite and had no battery issues with either. I just checked my battery; Up Time: 1:45:40 Awake time 8:35:00 (7%).

9. TF1984

I contacted the Dev and reported the problem, He just released an update to fix it.

FYI the issue only occured when I had the WB Elite Widget on a home screen.

10. Captain01

Captain01 Well-Known Member

I had the free version and didn't have any problems until I updated it today. Then my awake time went from around 10% to 100%. I uninstalled it and the awake time started to drop.

11. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

he dont wanna hear that caus eits already been said :(

12. mattheis

mattheis Well-Known Member

I have been at 100% since purchased. I do not use weatherbug, but I just upadated some apps (facebook, locale, newsrob, and astro) and also started using dolphin as the default browser and now my hero is actually sleeping for the first time. Not sure if it is any help to anyone... just thought Id throw it out there.

Great forum, love the hero even more.

13. TF1984

@Matt, thanks for the sharing. If you have that problem again I recommend downloading "Spare Parts" from Market.

Open it and click the top option, battery Information I believe. In that tool you can select the drop down menu and choose "Partial Wake Usage". This will show you any process in the system and also shows what contrinution to not allowing sleep that the process is having. Android should be the largest.

14. TF1984

702, I presume you're negativity is in direct correlation with the exchange b/t you, Penny and myself. Yes it is relevant, no the other one was not.

This guy is actually experiencing a related issue, not just leaving a quick comment that his app works fine when no one is discussing that. IMO, I think people post non-relevant information just to add to their comment count. Whatever.:eek:

15. mattheis

mattheis Well-Known Member

@TF1984
    Its funny, I did download spare parts on account of someones recommendation, prob you but, when I first checked, dialer was higher than android, but now it is android/mail/dialer after reboot. Not sure what happened but now my awake is at like 4%! Going to let the battery go to a near death to see how many hours I can go without charging. Not much else to do this weekend : )