1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Weatherbug App

Last Updated:

1. stevcha

stevcha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to clear the weather alerts that pop up? I'm using the WB widget on my homescreen and it constantly shows the little red alert. Ive looked at the alert but there's no way to clear it. I've tried to disable the alerts feature under the Alert Notifications section in preferences but its still there. I'm using version 2.5.288

Thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly there is a setting you can get to by pressing menu while weather bug is open and you can disable the alerts. was a rather inadequate app for weather. moved on from that one months ago

3. stevcha

There's a setting for Alert Notification and I unchecked it but its still showing I have an alert. I also went into the location profiles I have set up and disabled alerts there as well. Any other ideas?

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

If you still have an alert, I would suggest you clear the alert. From your home screen long tap the top bar and then drag it down. You will see all your alerts. You could either tap on Clear or you can tap on the weather alert to clear that particular one.

5. stevcha

No alerts in the notification bar up top. The only place I see the alert icon is on the wb widget and in app itself. Even once inside the app there's no place I can find to clear the alert.

6. stevcha

Any other suggestions?

7. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

The very bottom of the app is a scroll dock-like thing. The alert button is the 2nd to last button on the right.

Does your app not have this?

I don't have an alert right now, but I think I went to that button to read the alert and once read, it cleared. I'll pay more attention next time I get an alert and report back exactaly what I did.

8. stevcha

Mine does have the scroll dock with the alert button. I've gone in there and read the alerts. I then went back to the main screen of WB and it shows the alerts have cleared BUT when I look at the widget it still shows the alert icon. I then go back into WB and it still shows the alerts.

What version are you running?

9. BookLover

I'm on version 2.5.288 running on stock, unrooted Captivate.

10. stevcha

Not sure how but it looks like the alert cleared on its own????? I just wish there was a manual way of deleting them or marking them read.

11. BookLover

The Alert may have expired.

For example, if the Alert was for a storm watch from 3pm - 6pm, after 6pm if there are no additional alerts, the alert turns itself off I believe.

12. stevcha

Yeah, I think that's what happened. I just wish there was a manual way to delete the alerts.