Weatherbug drains battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else had problems with weather bug draining their battery? I unplugged my phone this morning and in less than 2 hours I was down to 30% and I never even used the phone. The only thing I remember installing lately was weather bug and this game called sketch online.

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Weatherbug's battery usage is going to depend on how often you have it set to update. If it's what's causing your battery drain, then you need to adjust the settings accordingly.

By the ay, you don't need to guess what programs are using the battery. Menu> Settings> About Phone. Battery> Battery Use.

3. raghublr

raghublr Well-Known Member

4. allensull

allensull Member

I have weatherbug running on mine and no issue at all. Running stock battery and can pretty well go from about 6 am to 9 pm each day with email checking every 15 minutes and 8 to 10 calls.

Allen

5. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

I set mine to only update when launched.

6. Indrux

Indrux Well-Known Member

Same boat here, no problems with the app, stock battery, and can get through the day pretty easily with moderate use.

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

You have to change your update settings.

Open weatherbug,
    click Menu,
    click Preferences

Uncheck "Enable my location" (battery eater)

If you are using the widget and want updates, change interval to 1 hour or more.

If you want to check weather manually,

Uncheck 'Enable Updates'

Battery should be a lot better

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Every once in awhile, weatherbug can struggle to update. When it does this, you'll see its active updating icon spinning circles in the notification bar. If its doing that, it could be weatherbug, otherwise I really doubt it. I've had it installed since day 1 updating every 30 minutes and its not that big of a hog. Download a CPU monitoring app and pin down the culprit.

BTW, if weatherbug ever does hang while trying to update, open the app from the app drawer and it'll clear it right up.

Smartphone likes this.
  9. MTC

i dont have weatherbug set to update at all...
    I meant to say that in my original post

O and also I noticed that my phone will not go to sleep. my batter use just shows idle and standby time being what is draining the battery

10. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Under standby, what's it say for time without a signal?

11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

System Panel Lite is an excellent choice and there are plenty of others. Pick one and get to finding the problem.

12. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Are you using Weatherbug or Weatherbug Elite? I have Elite and dont have any problems, elite even has a cool live wallpaper feature now.

13. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I have WeatherBug Elite and track my battery with Battery Graph. I have WB set to update hourly. Overnight, not plugged in, I lose 0 battery.

14. MTC

I'm starting to think its not weatherbug since Idon't have it update at all. I have the free weatherbug by the way.

I think it is this game I downloaded called sketch online beta. Its really fun but i'm almost positive this is whats causing my problem. I'll download that monitoring program you suggested to see what it says.

15. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

try uninstalling it for a day, see how your droid acts, and settle it from there.

16. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

Spare Parts is a nice app to see what's eating your battery. If you decide to use it, you're going to want to look at partial wake. If there's something that's using it more than Android itself, that's usually the problem.

I've been using WeatherBug Elite (1 hour update, running the Elite widget) for a couple of months now... One day, my battery started going down like crazy... I checked Spare Parts and WeatherBug had been chowing down on it... Never had a problem with it before and I didn't change any settings... I went in and turned off the "follow" option and haven't had a problem since.