WeatherBug Elite ErrorSupport

Last Updated:

1. stuartajc

stuartajc Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I have been running WeatherBug Elite for six months without any problem, but the latest update has caused it to fail completely. On Startup of the App it just says "Sorry! The application WeatherBug Elite (process com.aws.android.elite) has stopped unexpectedly, please try again [Force Close]"

This is on a LG GW620 (AKA LG Eve in the US I think) which is Android 1.5

Anyone else seeing this error? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Stuart

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, stuart.

I've found that once in a blue moon the Weather apps (nearly all of them, including Weather Bug) need to have cache cleared and a reboot of the device to wash out issues.

Sometimes I've had to clear data in the applications manager also, necessitating reconfiguration of the app (city, etc).

3. stuartajc

Thanks, but how would I clear the Cache (bearing in mind the App won't start)

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Menu > settings > applications > application manager > menu > sort by size > (weather app)

I've moved the thread to the LG Eve forum for you.

5. stuartajc

Thanks, I got there, but it says "Cache 0.00B" and the Clear Cache button is greyed out.

I have also tried Uninstalling/installing it, no improvement

6. massey78727

massey78727 New Member

I have Weatherbug Elite on my Google G2 phone, however I too am finding that it is not updating regularly, instead getting an error message at times. When I restart my phone it will usually update, however the temperature icon on the phone shows a completely different temperature than the Weatherbug's application home screen.

I think WeatherBug Elite has some errors issues which they need to iron out. A frind of mine hasthe WeatherBug free edition, however he's got the same issues on the same phone.

7. stuartajc

I just got an update in the Android Market to version 2.5.288 and it now works again.

8. susanj2

susanj2 New Member

Same issue - I finally uninstalled Weatherbug Elite (after paying for the the non-ad version). Sucks, but not much use if I have to run the update everytime i want to check the current temp. Like others who had posted, I had no problems until a recent update. Now testing Weather Channel and iMap Weather for Android.

9. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

I am having the same problem...on version 2.5.288 on a G2, and every time I reboot the widget is just a blue box that never updates. I have to delete the widget and recreate it to have a working widget.