Weatherbug Free vs. Elite re: GPS issues

Last Updated:

1. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Like several other folks on here, I was having issues with my GPS finding the right location. I uninstalled Weatherbug Free and power cycled the phone.

The GPS has been dead on since.

So here's the question: Did anyone that had this issue try Elite? If so, did it cause the same issue?

I ask because I tried the weather channel app, but I don't like it at all, especially with the lag in updates. I haven't tried accuweather yet, but would really like to have Weatherbug back but don't want to pay for it if its gonna cause the same issue.

Advertisement
  2. Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck Well-Known Member

I have Weatherbug elite and have no problems with the GPS but then I never had a problem with the free version either.

3. bcromwell

bcromwell Member

I had elite installed and had a few gps issues, since I uninstalled it I haven't had any problem yet.. YMMV.

4. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Huh! I use Weatherbug Elite but I have GPS turned off on my phone and it follows me anyway. I go from Helena to Pelham to Hoover every day and it shows each city as it updates. I definitely have it UNchecked. Maybe Weatherbug follows Verizon's signal? Or am I missing something?

5. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, there's also a setting to use "network location" - guessing it figures what tower you are close to.

But in my case I had GPS turned off as well.