Web Browser Crash

Last Updated: 2010-08-18 19:27:25
  1. ruppert

ruppert Active Member

When I try to load certain webpages my browser will crash as soon as it loads 100%. An example gizmodo.com, it only happens with the full version of the site not the mobile version. It appears to be javascript related, because when I disable javascript the page will load without crashing. This happens both in the standard browser and in DolphinHD. Also, sometimes before crashing DolphinHD will show a page saying:

"The Web page at file:///android_asset/webkit could not be loaded as:

The requested file was not found. webkit/"

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Darkeligos

Darkeligos Well-Known Member

The first time I used the Captivate in store to load MAPS it crashed on me, so I am assuming the phone just can't handle some things. Hope somebody can find more out on this problem of crashing.
  3. ruppert

ruppert Active Member

It doesn't seem to be a general crashing issue (though that may exist). It happens each and every time I load specific pages. I searched for this problem, and it seems to be happening on the vibrant and the droid x. Have yet to find a solution though. Thanks for responding by the way.
  4. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the same pages in opera mini?
  5. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

I was about to suggest the exact same thing.
  6. ruppert

ruppert Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Doesn't seem to be crashing in Opera Mini, but it also looks like some of the page content isn't showing up. I'm happy to use opera until the problem gets figured out though. :)
  7. keiki

keiki New Member

WOOT! crashes the browser consistently.
  8. keiki

keiki New Member

trying opera
  9. ruppert

ruppert Active Member

Same thing on my phone woot.com crashes with or without javascript turned on. Loads fine in Opera for me.
  10. shadow300z

shadow300z Member

I get the same problems using Dolphin or Skyfire. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to what site or if it's a mobile/full website.

BTW this is on my Samsung Vibrant.
  11. circazero

circazero Well-Known Member

This sucks I can't visitcertain websites. It works with opera mini but it doesn't load everything on the page. Anyway I can turn off any of that flash that loads up in websites?
  12. calmor15014

calmor15014 Member

Throwing out another "me too" - riteaid.com doesn't work either - crashes my browser before the page finishes loading. I sent an e-mail to Samsung regarding this. Opera Mini does seem to work well (and offer a few more features) - may start using this from now on anyway.
  13. jgcalderonperez

jgcalderonperez Active Member

I just tested with Gizmodo full site version and didnt crash with the default browser, maybe its a setting somewhere :-S ???
  14. bigjerries

bigjerries Well-Known Member

when i try to get on the site 48minutesofhell.com it also crashes. No problem loading gizmodo though
  15. jgcalderonperez

I have the "Use Plugins" setting off, try that.
  16. keredini

keredini Well-Known Member

Gizmoodo full site works for me, however Woot does not. Strange indeed....
  17. 02///M3

02///M3 New Member

hey guys. new here. just got a captivate and noticed the same problem with gizmodo. sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. this is always with the full site and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason. it happens with one or two other sites i can't remember right now. also, with the phone in portrait mode, some of the content on ESPN.com doesn't show up. don't have an answer, but i dont think it means that those who haven't experienced the problem never will.
  18. jgcalderonperez

If I disable the "Enable Plug-ins" setting from the Browser it works perfectly, give it a try!
  19. Samsung_Engineer

Samsung_Engineer New Member

As Mentioned above, you can either disable Java or the plug-in options in the browser settings for the time being. We have fixed this issue and the soon-to-be-released Maintenance release includes this fix.

Thanks for choosing Samsung!
    JP
    richierich and lescooper like this.
  20. ScaGin

ScaGin Well-Known Member

Are there other fixes in this maintenance release?
  21. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Whoah... hello?

You really need to create your own thread introducing yourself. A lot of us have a lot of questions for you...
  22. lescooper

lescooper Member

If you really are a Samsung Engineer!?!? - Start a thread and give us some feedback. You can't help but notice, by looking around this forum, that we have a lot of questions and concerns.....