Web Browser Gets Stuck?Support

Last Updated:

1. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You guys have a problem sometimes with the browser getting stuck? The progress bar will load to like 90% and just stop. Happens on every page I visit. The only way to get it to work again is to reboot the Inc. The problem occurs intermittently.

I've already done a hard reset after the OTA update and this still happens. I'm using the stock browser.

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Confirmed that this does happen to me as well on official 2.2 and on several ROMS (Skyraider, Virtuous, Fourth Wave).

I just hit reload...this burned me when I was doing a browser speed test against a buddy with an iphone 4. Needless to say I got burned...

3. MooN

Hitting reload doesn't work for me. The only solution for me is to reboot.:mad:

4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Do me a favor? Can you try another browser like Dolphin and see what happens and let us know?

It will probably be the same, but at least if it works it narrows down the troubleshooting.

5. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

have you tried manually reinstalling flash?

6. xFlawless11x

xFlawless11x Well-Known Member

It happens sporadically using Dolphin as well, and across several ROMs. There's loading issues as well as a "lag" issue where if you zoom in it doesn't seem to register so you can't touch right away to click anything.

It's been plaguing me for a couple days now.

-Flawless

7. mandophish

mandophish Member

I've noticed this in Dolphin only but I don't have to reboot. The page loads to 100 percent but the view doesn't change like it's stuck on the previous viewed page even though the address bar is showing the page I'm trying to view. If you wait long enough sometimes the page I'm viewing will update match what is in the address bar but other times I need to exit dolphin and restart it. This did not happen before the ota to 2.2 and I did a factory reset first so it's not a conflict causing this.

I have not seen this happen in the default browser yet though.

8. MooN

What you guys are describing is exactly whats happening to me too. Before I try Dolphin, I'm going to try manually killing the browser to see if that works instead of rebooting. I just have to wait until the problem surfaces again.

Yea, I've updated Flash with the latest from the other thread on here. I've also set the option to "on demand".

9. chepes3x

chepes3x Well-Known Member

I have the same problem...use the pinch out to unlock it

10. MooN

Pinching didn't help, but killing Internet under Apps does the trick.