Web Browsing - getting rid of mobile viewSupport

Last Updated:

1. nicknack

nicknack Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to change the settings of the phone so that when I go to websites I don't access them in mobile view? I don't like the mobile view. On my former blackberry storm, I could change the setting very easily so it looked the same as what it would on my computer. Even though it takes longer to load pages, I much prefer the regular view.

I was able to do this on the droid incredible by going into settings while utilizing the browser and de-selecting "Mobile View". However, I have not seen such a setting on the droid 2. There must be a way but after spending a lot of time searching for the option, I haven't been able to find it. If someone could help provide some guidance, I would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Most pages have a option for mobile or reg view at the bottom of the page

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I have not done this. But if you were able to do it on the Dinc, I'm sure it can be done on this phone.

Try using different browser to see if that option is available.
    Dolphin browser is my favorite. There is also a few others.

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Without a 3rd party browser it isn't as easy to do on the D2 as it is on the incredible.

With the default browser, type in about:debug in the address bar. It will appear as though it had no effect.
    After that go to menu - more - settings - UAString.

5. swanysto

swanysto Well-Known Member

I have tried a couple different browsers, and some websites are just setup so you cannot access the desktop version. For instance ESPN. No matter what browser or options I put in, it comes up as mobile website. However, Dolphin, with the desktop toggle works the best for me so far.