• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alackman

Android Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2010
london
hi, just thoguht id post this on here in case anyone can help - ive seen there are a few apps that in theory would allow me to connect my Desire to a web cam and view the live footage on the desire.

This has got me thinking and it would be great if this were possible but I dont have a clue how to set it up.

I have a standard usb webcam and I am assuming i would need some kind of server software on the pc coupled with an app on the desire that comminicates. Whenver I do a search in internet I get a lot of turn phone into web cam links which are not what i want and so I am stumped as to what terms to search for.

I know in theory this is completely possible and actually what I want is only to connect on wifi when in the same house, but i guess would also be usfull to be able to do it externally away from network also.

any helpers?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones