Web Design software

Last Updated:

1. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm revamping my website for my photography business thanks to a small loan I got I'm able to update my equipment. I threw together the basic page with iWeb for the mac, but wasn't loving how limited it was. Dreamweaver strikes me as severe overkill.

Is there something in the middle that I could use that anyone knows of? Maybe something for the mac like Microsoft's Expressions?

Thanks
    M

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Why not use a CMS such as Drupal? Actually, Wordpress is a very nice solution also. All though it's aimed at bloggers, it can easily function as a full blown website if you want. There are a lot of themes available and addons. Are you wanting to sell photos or just promote your business?

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Dreamweaver is awesome piece of software, I have the CS2 Suite(photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver flash etc) Microsoft Frontpage isn't bad either.

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

What about Microsoft Office Publisher? Dreamweaver, while phat looking is WAY over my head. I am thinking of knocking out web design next semester cause people are always asking me to do websites. Try to explain that while i can fix, de-virus, whatever blind folded i know NOTHING about web design.
    I messed with Dreamweaver once but had NO clue how to make it work and gave up....

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

HTML Tutorial

If you haven't already, learn HTML. If you know it, you should be able to find yourself round Dreamweaver after a few hours with it...

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. NightAngel79

I'm taking a programming class now centered on logic only, basic flow charts and pseudocode stuff. Teach suggested i take his zero basic class next. Really wanna be able to do at least simple websites though. I figure html is a MUST for anything of that nature?

btw, gonna play around with that link some. Any other suggestions?

7. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

There are lots of tutorials on the internet, and lots provide the sample code for you. Read up on some code and tinker with it. It's not witchcraft, just think logically and look at how the code is constructed then edit it for your own needs.

9. NightAngel79

Thanks for the info. Teach has given us a lot of javascript examples and it is something i definitely want to come to understand better. Seems once you can get the syntax down everything else starts to come easier.

10. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member

I write a lot of blogs and use both Kompozer and NVU. They are awesome because you can work on WSIWYG and then hit code and it shows you the code for what you just did. I also used HTML for Dummies but that was a long time ago.

11. miley tipton

miley tipton Member

hi,
    Well dreamweaver 8 is a nice software to create different type of website. well If you are a beginner the go for web page maker for static websites ...

12. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I just use Photoshop and then Notepad++ to make websites.