• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Web Design software

I'm revamping my website for my photography business thanks to a small loan I got I'm able to update my equipment. I threw together the basic page with iWeb for the mac, but wasn't loving how limited it was. Dreamweaver strikes me as severe overkill.

Is there something in the middle that I could use that anyone knows of? Maybe something for the mac like Microsoft's Expressions?

Thanks
M

Dreamweaver is awesome piece of software, I have the CS2 Suite(photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver flash etc) Microsoft Frontpage isn't bad either.

What about Microsoft Office Publisher? Dreamweaver, while phat looking is WAY over my head. I am thinking of knocking out web design next semester cause people are always asking me to do websites. Try to explain that while i can fix, de-virus, whatever blind folded i know NOTHING about web design.
I messed with Dreamweaver once but had NO clue how to make it work and gave up....

Upvote 0
HTML Tutorial

If you haven't already, learn HTML. If you know it, you should be able to find yourself round Dreamweaver after a few hours with it...

I'm taking a programming class now centered on logic only, basic flow charts and pseudocode stuff. Teach suggested i take his zero basic class next. Really wanna be able to do at least simple websites though. I figure html is a MUST for anything of that nature?

btw, gonna play around with that link some. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
Once I learnt HTML, I downloaded a lot of templates and looked at the source code of a lot of sites. It really helped me get a feel for how HTML works...

Also: What's the best way to learn HTML? - Yahoo! Answers

Thanks for the info. Teach has given us a lot of javascript examples and it is something i definitely want to come to understand better. Seems once you can get the syntax down everything else starts to come easier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones