Web Drop down menuGeneral

Last Updated:

1. anthonyn

anthonyn New Member

Because the phone has no optical mouse, you have to use the arrow keys to select the menu option. Ie in google.com you get the drop down list of possable things to search for. The arrows let you move up and down the list but How do you select from the list without needing to click the link?
    Because google has auto results i often find myself click into a webpage and not the menu option.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Select what you want, then hit the enter button (underneath the delete key).
  3. anthonyn

anthonyn New Member

Thanks for the reply, but tht just does a search on what I have typed in, not what I have selected.

For example if I just type test into the google textbox I get the following menu

Testdrive unlimited 2
    test internet speed

If I select test internet speed and press enter I get the results for test not test internet speed
  4. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I have just checked to see whether I get the same problem, but it all works as expected on my Desire HD. To be precise, I don't have to select any text, or press Enter, I simply do a quick single press on 'test internet speed' on the drop-down list and Google brings up a new screen which uses that text as the search expression, giving me the appropriate results.

BUT... I use Miren browser, not the stock one. I can't remember why I got fed up with the original browser (I think it was that I couldn't put my bookmarks into a nested structure) but I wouldn't go back. It's available for free in the Market, so I'd suggest you give it a try.