• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Web page buttons not working?

tneva82

Jun 20, 2011
huawei U8800, brand new. Why I can't seem to get it click the buttons on web page? I can select button but no matter how long I wait nothing happens. Double click seems to cause zoom out...

What I'm doing wrong here?

Also while I'm here rather than opening 2nd thread can you put own music, I have suitable candinate as mp3 but other file formats should be convertable, as ring tone? Not sure is that possible with this one. Haven't figured out how to plug this thing into PC either :D

Ok so just standard links. They should be working.

I'm not sure about your phone - if it has internal storage. If not, you should buy an external microSD card (if the phone didn't come with one already). And you can use apps like eStrong File Manager or SwiFTP to transfer files to/from your PC to your phone. You can use the usb cable too, but you may need specific drivers for your phone, I'm not 100% sure about that.

Upvote 0
Ok so just standard links. They should be working.

I'm not sure about your phone - if it has internal storage. If not, you should buy an external microSD card (if the phone didn't come with one already). And you can use apps like eStrong File Manager or SwiFTP to transfer files to/from your PC to your phone. You can use the usb cable too, but you may need specific drivers for your phone, I'm not 100% sure about that.

Well ads say it has internal 2gb flash memory. That works? I connected via micro usb cable(which I presume is also used for charging it) and found bunch of folders but didn't see media folder. Need I create it? Copied mp3 file to digital edition folder or something like that and I can play the song but settings->sound->ring tone doesn't show it...

Upvote 0
Can you post a screenshot of the folders you found? Media might be buried under another folder, but I'm not sure unless you can provide a screenshot, or a listing of the folders.

Well first level folders are called Android, Digital Editions(where I copied it) and eBooks.. Android folder has folder data which in turn has folders com.aldiko.android, com.cooliris.media(hmmm...) and com.google.android.apps.genie.ge(something. Can't see it from phone's file browser and ATM rather than to computer phone is attached to power cable :p)

Guess the com.cooliris.media would be 2nd place to try.

Also: Youtube. I put video to play, go to home screen, video stops playing. I thought one selling point with android was multitasking. Youtube not supporting it or limitation with my phone?

(not that I'm really in big need of that. I can listen from mp3 player music more battery efficiently anyway ;) Let the power hungry android be used to music playing only if I really have no alternative :p )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones