• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Websharing Lite....over Wifi, speeds are slow

I am using an HTC EVO 4G. I love the websharing app. allows me to transfer stuff without whipping out the cable. I would love to buy the full version but there is one problem thats bugging me.

I do all the connecting over my home WiFi network. Which is a 2Wire 802.11g router/gateway. (stock equipment for ATT Uverse) However, the data transfer speeds while using the app rarely get any higher then 4 or 6mbps. I assume this is saying megaBITS per second which is in line with how long its taking for stuff to transfer. However, over a 802.11G network it should be much faster then this. Hell, even my internet connection is faster (12mbps) and my phone can connect and download at those speeds over my network (tested with speedtest app, got 11.8mbps over internet connection). I have only my desktop and phone connected to the wireless at the time I'm transfering. Nothing else is using my network, and wifi connection strength for both machines is basicly 100% (router is no more then 10ft away). Is this a limitation of the lite version or the app as a whole? Issue with wifi on my phone? I'm at a loss.... Love the app, but I would expect faster speeds then this when transfering over my wifi network.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones