• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Website ads

Why is every ad i see, on this site, an anti-Sharron Angle ad? Getting pretty sick of them! I thought "news" sources are supposed to give equal time to both sides?

Regardless, time for something different!

Hello Mr. Boom.

Your remarks will get the attention of an admin if put here:

Suggestion Box & Feedback - Android Forums

For what it's worth, the ads are agency generated in most cases, and the admins here watch out for popups and annoyances, but cant catch them all, so opinions and input are needed.

Upvote 0
1. It's an advertisement, fer cryeye. It doesn't have to give equal time.

2. It's probably out of the site owners control what gets placed in the ad space.

3. If you're using Android Forums as a source of political news, you are a sad panda.
Out of site owners control? ISn't it the site owner who decides what goes where? Isn't it the site owner who decides who to sell advertisement space to? All this is beside the point. I am merely asking why it is the same ad over and over. Why can't it rotate to something different?
I do not use Android Forums as a source of political news. Not why i signed up. I use it for Android news.

@ Frisco, thanks for the advice. I wasn't really trying to make a political comment. Just tired of seeing the same thing over and over!

Upvote 0
I suspect it's probably that something is stuck on your PC; you shouldn't be seeing the same stuff over and over. I would try clearing your browser's cache/cookies and see if that fixes it.

Still, I've moved this over to the Suggestion & Feedback section just in case it is something server side :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones