Website to Android App?

1. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel New Member

After hours searching google on how to convert a website to an android compatible app it was impossible! Alot of online apps are websites converted to work on android phones. I was looking to convert a website to work on android as an application. Any Ideas. If you are able to do it please email me with price.

Advertisement
    :
  2. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm no help, but based on AndroidForum's lack of an app for Android, hopefully it's users are more helpful than it's administrators.
  3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

That's kind of a strange request to be honest. The phone has a fully functional web browser. These forums also have a "mobile" version (check the bottom left of the page).

Both websites and apps are way too different and complicated to have one simple program to convert a website to a native app though. They run on completely different hardware, software, and are in completely different programming languages.

Anyways, I kinda hope this was a troll because it was one of the stupidest questions I read all day. Sorry if that's too blunt.
  4. hannahl3

hannahl3 Well-Known Member

The usual way to convert a website into an app is to use java.
  5. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

I think I know what the OP means....on a Crashber........err Blackberry, there is a way to make a shortcut/icon that takes you directly to a website. There are actual programs that will make them for you.

Not aware of anything like that for the Android OS yet. Never really understood the purpose of them, that is why they have bookmarks in the browser. Kind of pointless to take up valuable desktop space with website shortcuts.
  6. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel New Member

I have an online rpg and i wanted to convert it into an app so players can download it and play.
  7. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

You can't really convert something like that, it would actually have to be programmed for the OS you want it to run on.
  8. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel New Member

PhandroidPhail likes this.
  9. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

oh ffs! just use the web browser!
  10. TheWebDesigner

TheWebDesigner New Member

vosg likes this.
  11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

That would just be a bookmark on the home screen which isn't what the OP is asking for. You don't download bookmarks from the Market or sideload them. There are apps that are basically web interfaces.
  12. Unfortunately I think the only way to do this is to re-write the app to create an apk. I really can't see any app that could create an android app from a web app. One quick solution would be to write an android app that literally just opens up the web browser to your webpage.. That way you can put it in the android market.
  13. JustI

JustI New Member

The reason why people may need this, is that they have a high volume website whose hosting costs are going through the roof because of the high traffic to it. Converting it to a app, solves the hosting cost :)

I got here searching for similar functionality.
  14. _mw_

_mw_ Well-Known Member

I would recommend finding a hosting provider with better rates on their bandwidth. I'm assuming you're on a VPS, dedicated or colo'd, because there's a billion shared hosts that give unlimited bandwidth... If you have enough traffic to generate a large bill and aren't generating enough revenue to counterbalance it... then... well.. I don't know what to tell you. ;)
  15. adesirehd

adesirehd New Member

You can create shortcuts yourself.... Bookmark the website then select menu go to the bookmark page highlight it then select create shortcut to home page. That's what I did on my desire hd
  16. 2wmobile

2wmobile Member

sorry for raising teh ded on this thread, but ye its easy, you can emmbed an html file in an android app for sure, same as you would host a website on a server ( html - not calling a data base) but instead of it connectign to the internet the path is just file:// - NOT http://
  17. prachi bhalika

prachi bhalika New Member

hello ,
    will this really work ??
    i have a project to submit in college so will it work and help me out
  18. prachi bhalika

prachi bhalika New Member

hello ,
    will this really work ??
    i have a project to submit in college so will it work and help me out
  19. curlyfries

curlyfries Member

Guys, the best one so far (also you can make money out of it) is:
    WebsiteToApp
  20. RedDog2004

RedDog2004 New Member

Hi, if your web is about your business then a fast option to create your app is androidcreator.com

With Android Creator you will be able to create, in five minuts, an app that will show all the information about your business that you want, including a seeker of your products.

A.Vila
  21. ShannonOnion

ShannonOnion New Member

All the above suggestions are great but they are complicated, trust me I've tried them all. What you need to convert your website into an android app is this

Saves me all the hassle,no coding required.
  22. andvroid

andvroid New Member

The best way to get an app developed and get it uploaded on google play is by ordering it here :fiverr.com/andvroid