• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Websites downloading...something

Help! I've gone to 2 websites on my phone recently (legit, "real" websites that I access on my computer all the time) and all of a sudden it says it's downloading something.

What is this? how do I stop it and how do I delete whatever it is it downloaded?

Would be useful to have the URL and check. It's just way too broad to venture a guess based on description.

Also, what browser are you using ?
Any downloaded content should be available in a default DOWNLOAD folder. I can only suspect that the site has some kind of script that sets download for PDF document, or an error in code that forces upon viewing with mobile device (smaller screen resolution).

Please provide the URL, otherwise it's just endless guessing game, that might lead no where...

cheers

Upvote 0
LOL now that I read my post it looks ridiculous that I'm asking about a questionable download on a site called questionablecontent...but it's a comic site. hahaha

I'm sorry, I won't be of much help here. I use stock browser as well as Chrome Beta and I can't replicate the behavior.

Can you please try to use stock browser and see whether it's the same issue as with FF?

Can you check whether FF has some kind of Off Line viewing mode enabled? Maybe you are downloading site for offline view.

When the download happens, do you get notification what kind of download is that? Next time, can you please take note, it will be easier to find the culprit if we find out what files is your device sucking off the internet.

And kudos for the last comment :) it is indeed ironic :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones