• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Webtop Mouse Control

john7435

Lurker
Mar 27, 2011
hey androidforums, i don't know anything about android as atrix will be my first if i end up buying it. just wondering, I intend to use the webtop with just the HDMI, but will find it a pain to hold the phone which is attached via hdmi at all times.

can it communicate through bluetooth with my wiimote and use my wiimote as a mouse? dpad as directions and l/r click being 1/2 on wiimote obviously. not sure if that appeals to anyone else but seems like a convenient way to do it because id like to use the wiimote w/ emulators aswell anyway

edit: my bad if im in the wrong sub category, clueless as to where i was supposed to make it

hey androidforums, i don't know anything about android as atrix will be my first if i end up buying it. just wondering, I intend to use the webtop with just the HDMI, but will find it a pain to hold the phone which is attached via hdmi at all times.

can it communicate through bluetooth with my wiimote and use my wiimote as a mouse? dpad as directions and l/r click being 1/2 on wiimote obviously. not sure if that appeals to anyone else but seems like a convenient way to do it because id like to use the wiimote w/ emulators aswell anyway

edit: my bad if im in the wrong sub category, clueless as to where i was supposed to make it

You will not be able to use the atrix with just the HDMI cable. You will have to get the HD docking station to connect it to your tv. OR, you can root your phone and change the HMDI file to allow you to do this.(Look in to other post on this forum to do so.) You can't bluethooth your wii remote yet. You can get a bluethooth mouse and keyboard and use in instead of the mouse on the phone. Hope this helps. ~Juannaplay~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones