Long story short...

posted a question about an app I was looking for
    Got some great replies and found what I needed
    Thanked the person who suggested the app I purchased
    Verbally attacked by someone for purchasing an app
    With some investigating found that he also has purchased things
    Exposed him on this
    He Called me a freeloader.. even though I purchased an app
    He sent me a private message calling me all kinds of names and finished by saying "don't bother replying, I'm blocking you"

I know the site added the zero tolerance policy which I think is great, but it looks like even more people need to be weeded out. People like this can go over to alldroid.

His signature alone is enough to say he really doesn't belong

Messenger13
    "Sarcasm. Just another service I offer"

WOW! do we really need people like this?

To everyone else, thanks for what you do.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You should have reported the post by him, that makes sure we can see it and act accordingly!

3. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

Exactly and send the private msg to the mods to ensure this will never happen again. Some people are like that and there is nothing you can really do about it but report and hope for the best.

4. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

I'll look into it tonight or in the morning.

5. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

Most of the time, Joe's posts include sarcasm, which of course is harmless and funny.
    But 99.99% of the time, he's extremely helpful and knows his phone extremely well.

6. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

I have read alot of Messenger13's posts and I will admit he dishes up a fair amount of sarcasm in his posts. However his helpful information to all that ask far outweighs the cost of his wit. To be fair in this instance his sarcasm was not directed at the OP in the beginning and that is not reflected in this thread. Since there is not even a reference to what was said to start this I feel it is only fair that everybody sees the conversation so they can judge both parties on their own.

Messenger 13
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Device(s): Motorola DROID - Rooted, ROM'ed, O/C'ed to 1.3 GHz., JIT-enabled, themed. It pwns.

[​IMG]
    Sorry (G), sorry envoy510 ... y'all got out-flanked by a gurl. She even spent his money while doing it, and she still got all the accolades. Gotta love it! :D :D :D

tjreishus
    Hey, Android Rocks!

Device(s):

[​IMG]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by messenger13 [​IMG]
    Sorry (G), sorry envoy510 ... y'all got out-flanked by a gurl. She even spent his money while doing it, and she still got all the accolades. Gotta love it! :D :D :D

Your kiling me with this one. You come across as if spending 99 cents for an app is rediculous. You paid 19.99 for your premium status.... Now thats funny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

messenger13
    THEE Village Idiot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Device(s): Motorola DROID - Rooted, ROM'ed, O/C'ed to 1.3 GHz., JIT-enabled, themed. It pwns.

[​IMG]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjreishus [​IMG]
    Your kiling me with this one. You come across as if spending 99 cents for an app is rediculous. You paid 19.99 for your premium status.... Now thats funny.

You missed the whole point entirely. Three people gave you good advice, albeit at varying levels and you chose to only thank one of them. The humor part really comes into play when her suggestion cost you money. If you don't see the humor in that, which you obviously missed, then I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it. (G) got it and that's all that really matters.

And you trying to diss me for supporting this site is about as wrong as you can get. You're comparing apples to oranges, you freeloader! :(

I or anybody else but a Mod. cant speak for the private messages but from this I can only guess it takes two to tango.

7. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

It wasn't a flame. It looked like it started out as a joke and people got a little bit overly sensitive.

You should have just reported this to the forum staff. You painted what was said to you in an inflammatory manner and it comes off as retaliatory and manipulative by speaking about it in public like this. Since you called someone out by name, it is safe to expect that people would look into the public side of that conversation.

Messenger13 may have been a bit rude, but to try to recruit a lynchmob to avenge your ruffled feathers is not the way to build a community either.

8. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll let the mods review the private messages. I'll leave it at that.

9. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Here's the blow by blow ... correct me if I'm wrong.

- tjreishus creates thread.

- Two male members offer a good suggestion (free apps) ... which seemingly go unnoticed by the OP, and definitely not thanked. No big deal, I just happened to find it humorous.

- A female members offers a good suggestion (a paid app) ... which the OP proceeds to thanks her (ONLY her) and apparently buys the app.

- I create a humorous post directed at the males for being out-flanked by a girl, and she spent his money while doing it. Umm ... get it? It's called "a joke". It refers to the age-old male/female conflict that women are always spending our money. Most mature adults would be smiling at this point. But I digress...

- The OP (tjreishus) then retorts by saying, and I quote, "Your kiling me with this one. You come across as if spending 99 cents for an app is rediculous. You paid 19.99 for your premium status.... Now thats funny.".

- I am offended by his obvious jab at ME supporting THIS SITE, and told him that he totally missed the point in the first place.

- The Admin wisely closes the thread.

- tjreishus has more to say regarding the matter so HE sends me a PM. I guess he feels the need to put me in my place.

- I reply telling him once again that he is totally missing the joke, and that I called him a FREELOADER because he doesn't support this site, AND that he makes fun of those that do. Has NOTHING to do with free or paid apps. Then I block him and ignore him.

- Without any other form of recourse, tjreishus decides to create this thread to cry out to the AF community.

READ IT ALL FOR YOURSELF

The real irony of all of this is that I contributed a solution in tjreishus' previous thread (THIS ONE) of which I was thanked by another member of our community. Yea ... y'all best weed out the bad. I'm a terrible person. :(

10. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Reviewed and PMd members. Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.