Weekend Mode for Corporate Sync

1. epitome

epitome Member

I'm running Jelly Bean (Cyanogenmod 10) on a Motorola Photon 4G.

I would like to stop my corporate e-mail account from syncing during the weekend.

I was using TouchDown, which has built in push scheduling, but my company just disallowed the application.

I'm back to using the stock e-mail app along with Smart Profiles to stop nighttime notifications based on time. However, Smart Profiles doesn't allow me to disable/enable sync for specific accounts (just sync all together).

Does anyone know of an automatic (time-based) app or solution that would allow me to disable corporate sync every Friday evening and re-enable Monday mornings?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Advertisement
    :
  2. JR866Gooner

JR866Gooner Well-Known Member

Hello,

This may not be a lot of help but my stock email app has a schedule you can set like so..
    [​IMG]
  3. epitome

epitome Member

Thanks for sharing. It seems I don't have that option on the stock email app in Cyanogenmod 10.

I've explored all my menus. Could you tell me how you got to the screen you displayed? Ex: E-mail App > Settings >
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Don't know if it's compatible with your Photon but Motorola offers an app called SmartActions that could be used to do what you ask. You'd simply set it up to disable background sync over the weekend. This would, however, disable all email on the weekend (both work and personal).

If Smart Actions is not compatible with the Photon, you can also do this and more with an app called Tasker. It'll cost you a few dollars for Tasker but it's well worth it!
  5. epitome

epitome Member

Thanks for that advice! I have Tasker, but haven't played with it in awhile.

I'll look into disabling sync for only my corporate account. I see some posts about combining Synker and Tasker to accomplish this.

I'll post back what I come up with.

6. epitome

epitome Member

So I installed Synker and purchased the unlock key to get the integration with Tasker.

It's pretty simple.

I set up a task like this:

Create task (ex: Weekend Sync Task) > Plugin > Synker - Auto-Sync Settings > Edit > Select the accounts you want synced or not synced during the weekend.

Create similar task for weekdays.

Then I created two day-based profiles to run the tasks.

Maybe not the most efficient way, but I'm still learning Tasker. It should work for me.
  7. JR866Gooner

JR866Gooner Well-Known Member

Certainly, within my email application I select settings and choose the account I want to look at and then scroll down to schedule- hope this helps!