Weight difference

1. lmbgm

lmbgm Well-Known Member

My friend and I both have Droid Incrediblies. I got mine around the time it first came out. My friend got hers a few months later.

Today, I just noticed that mine is significantly heavier than hers. Was there some change between the first ones that were made and later ones?

On a side not, I get about 30% more battery life than she does, however I am using a custom rom that claims to improve battery life so it is hard to know what is making the difference. Plus she uses hers more often.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Different battery??
  3. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

Maybe your ROM is heavier? hahaha just kidding.

Maybe yours is AMOLED and hers SLCD and there is some difference between those two in weight?
  4. lmbgm

lmbgm Well-Known Member

We both have the stock battery. I assume they are all the same. We have different microSD cards but I'm pretty sure thats not it.

I got mine in early May. My friend got hers in mid-late-June I think

I didnt know that some incredibles had SLCDs
  5. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

I don't they have changed to SLCD in June yet.
  6. patsfan1130

patsfan1130 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt a different screen would cause a significant difference in weight. My Wife's is an SLCD and I dont notice any difference. Were they both purchased from Verizon or was one of them from Ebay or the like? Do they feel the same weight when the battery is pulled?
  7. lmbgm

lmbgm Well-Known Member

I'll have to try again pulling the battery.

I did weight my phone and it was 4.6oz, same as the spec weight.
    I'll have to weigh hers. I'm not really sure how accurate and precise my scale is.
  8. twmarrs

twmarrs Member

More app's
    dragonsamus likes this.
  9. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

There's only one way to find out. Get a scale and weigh them and come back with results :)