• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

weird audio issue

JoeProcopio

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
New Jersey
when I'm listening to audio with my headphones through cherry rplayer and then take the headphones out to use the speaker, I don't get any sound...I have to shut down any audio players functions before I get any sound out of the speaker. Not sure if cherry rplayer is the culprit or not. I have also noticed that my media player starts playing by itself...not sure what is causint that as of yet.

got that figured out, but now another weird thing has cropped up...my is audio player is starting up and shutting off, as is my Chrerry RPlayer or Stream Furious, if i rotate the headphone jack...maybe it needs some contact cleaner...anyone have this issue? how the jack isn't going bad onme, i've only had the phone since Xmas

Upvote 0
This isn't exactly a reply. I could use a little info myself. When I plug in my earphones to watch a video or something on the net, my music immediately begins to play. I have to physically go to the my music player to turn it off then return to whatever I was doing. I have looked for but been able to locate a default when attaching earphones. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution? Please help. :eek:

Upvote 0
good call...it was indeed my headphones...i have 3 pairs of identical headphones and had been using my oldest pair because they have a right angle jack which worked better for me when i had it in my pocket...I hadn't noticed but I only had sound out of the left side...I can't hear out of my right ear so I didn't notice that...replaced them and now all is normal again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones