weird battery/charging issue...Support

Last Updated:

1. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so this just happened today and I don't know why. I have my phone plugged in and it will pop up all of a sudden with fully charged, ok fine. so I unplug it. then, a minute later, it all of a sudden says 50 percent battery.

so I plugged it back in... and a minute later it says 100 percent again.

then, when I unplugged it, it said 48 percent charged.

???

why is this happeniing? any fixes? this is, by the way, my second phone- the first was classified doa, and replaced... I have only a few days left in my 30 days...

eta- on battery info, it now says:

battery status- full, battery level 43, and this is while on ac plug.

Advertisement
  2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

I have the same issue as well. Mines only seems to happen when I have my phone plugged in to the USB port on my P.C I don't seem to have that issue come up when its on A.C power.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Couple things you could try and probably already did. Pull the battery out for 10 seconds or so, put it back in and reboot.
    I know you said battery status, but exactly which app or widget are you using. They should all be the same but all info will be helpful at this point.
    I'd also recommend draining the battery to 0% and having it power itself off and then fully charge. If that doesn't fix it, we'll re-evaluate.

Also does this phenomenon occur with both usb charging as well as AC?

4. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so what I figured out was that this was only happening with my extra ac adapter- which was meant for a bt headset. still don't know why, but going to the stock adapter i have no trouble.

that said, I run battstatt. and this was showing up this way on both the widget and the little battery pic on the status bar. also when I went into details.

all in all, its weird... and I would like to find a workaround, as I would like to have one charger for upstairs and one for down, which won't work if the charger doesn't charge right.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

OK good so basically problem solved, now you just have a bad extra charger.
    Sounds like maybe you just need a new 2nd charger. Allow me to suggest this little trio: Amazon.com: GTMax Rapid Car Charger with IC chip + Home Travel Wall Charger + USB 2.0 to Micro-USB Cable for Verizon Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S CDMA Cellphone: Cell Phones & Accessories. You get another wall charger, car charger and usb cable all for around $6 total. I have this exact trio myself and will vouch that they all 3 work flawlessly.