Weird Battery Drainage....General

Last Updated: 2013-12-07 08:08:40
  1. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

I'm use to getting a good day and a half out of my battery with minimum to medium usage. Today i deleted a few apps that i don't use anymore and i'm losing battery percentage of 1% every 5-10 minutes. I hardly used my phone today. It was 75% when i stated the day and it's now down to 16% within 11 hours.... Anyone have any tips to correct this?

Also curious could someone explain why the media serve is taking up so much battery??? Why is it staying awake the whole time???

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

1) Turn your screen shutoff time down. What do you have it set to? 15 minutes? It's eating 1/4 of your power.

2) Depending on what you deleted, the phone may be downloading some of those files because, even though you don't use them, some other parts of Android use parts of those files.
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

When I see my battery dropping unexpectedly the first thing I always do is restart it. That usually takes care of it. As a last resort, you could try to reinstall the apps and then try to figure out the drain from there...
    44fred likes this.