Weird Battery problems with multiple Roms/Kernels

Last Updated:

1. Shantomanto

Shantomanto Member This Topic's Starter

Some weird things are going on with my battery. I was running Liquid Froyo 1.9 and even 1.95 using slayher kernel and i even tried the p3droid kernel and when i reached about 40% battery, my battery would just jump to 20% and after that pretty quickly to about 5% and then its dead. I recently installed ultimate droid 2.0.0 also using slayher and even then it still did it. I don't understand why this is happening, i havn't even used my phone that much for it to reach 5% so fast, especially jump from 40 or 50% down to 20% in an instant. HELP! :(

Advertisement
  2. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

i would begin by depleting your battery then charging for a brief minute then going into recovery/advanced/wiping battery stats. it will take you a few times of depleating and recharging to build new stats.

3. Shantomanto

I tried the battery wipe stats thing but it didn't help, then again I did not deplete my battery when doing the wipe, does that matter? Cause it didn't help

4. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

how long ago has this been? if you follow all the above steps this should help. it will take a few times of completely depleting and recharging to rebuild stats. you could also try a different kernal. how old is your battery? perhaps it is time for a replacement.

5. Shantomanto

It was probably 2 days ago. My battery is only a yr old, do u think I need a new one already? Also when u said deplete thebattery then charge it a little and run the battery wipe, wat percentage should I run it at?

6. ms2sf

ms2sf Active Member

I am also having the similar problem. The last two days I have completely exhasuted the battery and I have wiped the battery stats. This morning I listened to Goodle Listen while playing a game, Robo Defense for one hour and had great battery life. Duriong the day, I did another battery wipe. Then on my way home my battery went from 90% to 50% in less than 10 minutes while playing a game.

I am using Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.95 with the stock slayer kernal that came with the ROMt. Except for this battery issue, I really like this ROM. It runs super fast, does not get excessively hot and no FC. Spare Part says Battery Health: Good