• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird beeps coming from Z3 Compact

dcont

Aug 5, 2012
SC
So I've had my Z3 Compact for about 2 weeks now - LOVE it - finally a phone I can use with one hand, it's fast, and the battery life is stellar. Plus, I've grown to love Sony's UI - it's far more integrated and intelligent than the LG G2 I was using before.

Anyhow, for the past two days, at random times, I've heard a series of 3-4 beeps (deep tone) coming from the phone. When it does so, there's no error message on the screen or anything. And it's only when running on battery power. Is there a beep decoder for this phone or for Sony phones in general, like there is for old PCs? lol

I have the same phone, but have had it since January. The same weird bleep had started happening to me since I installed the most recent OS update a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be related to the loss and reappearance of the mobile signal. I cannot find any setting on the phone to turn this notification off. As the signal is quite poor in my area I hear it several times a day. Any help would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones