• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help weird camera issue

lilichiban

Lurker
Jun 13, 2010
hello,

can anyone help me out? i had my phone since 6/2010 and had absolutely no problems with it until 2 days ago when i tried using my camera.

the rear camera started giving this weird purple-grainy looking lines whenever it focuses on something. when i recompose the focus, the picture is clear and then after it focuses again, the purple-grainy lines show up again.

i formatted the sd card, tried using another spare sd card, and did a factory reset, removed the battery, wiped everything, etc. the problem is still there. the front camera works flawlessly.

i dont have sprint insurance, so what are my options? do i go to the sprint store and have them replace the phone under manufacturers warranty or do i have to pay $35 to get the camera fixed? this seems like a hardware failure. thanks in advance.

heres a picture to show you what im talking about, these are the 1mp file. if i change the camera to the 8mp setting, the purple lines become much more apparant.

imag0032.jpg

imag0033.jpg

if you do not have the insurance, it will cost you $35 for sprint to repair/replace it

your other choice is to send the phone to htc for diagnosis/ possible warranty repair

I have seen this before, and recall that it was in fact a hardware issue and will have to be repaired/replaced.

I would start with taking it in to a sprint repair center

Reactions: lilichiban
Upvote 0
if you do not have the insurance, it will cost you $35 for sprint to repair/replace it

your other choice is to send the phone to htc for diagnosis/ possible warranty repair

I have seen this before, and recall that it was in fact a hardware issue and will have to be repaired/replaced.

I would start with taking it in to a sprint repair center

thanks, i'll try going to sprint first to see what they tell me. i would hate to send the phone to htc since i will be phonless for 2-3 weeks. im hoping sprint would at least give me a loaner phone to use while my phone is being repaired by htc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones