Weird Clicking noise...

Last Updated:

1. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed a weird clicking noise coming from my EVO while I jump into the Layar app. As it turns on the camera and also when I clicked back out of it. Anyone used this app and having the same issue? The screen also looks like a it flickers a bit as it it switches from the cam back to the layar menu. I restarted the phone and now its not doing anymore. But I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else had that issue.

Advertisement
    ngonzalz likes this.
  2. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

Just tried layar.. no clicking for me.

3. ngonzalz

ngonzalz New Member

I just downloaded the Layar app on my HTC EVO and noticed the *clicking* as soon as the camera turned on. When i used the back button to return to the main screen it *clicked* once again and the screen *flickered* as well :confused: ... Not too sure that this is a healthy app to used on the HTC EVO ... although I'm sure i'm just being paranoid or something...

4. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

The click happens whenever the camera is opened or closed. It's supposed to happen, your Evo is not broken. It's supposed to be soft enough so that most people wouldn't notice it.

It's kind of like the shutter click on an SLR.

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Yes the clicking is totally normal Its the auto focus system.

6. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Member

yes, it's normal. when i had the incredible, it made the same noise whenever i used the camera.

7. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

The clicking is not normal. Mine just started doing it a minute ago on my Evo that I bought on launch day. First it said it couldn't save pictures because I didn't have permission to use the SD card or something like that. I rebooted, no SD card messages but now I get a clicking sound.

Mine does it when I back out of the camera app. If I reboot the phone, it doesn't do it anymore for a bit. After I go into the camera app and back out a few times, it starts to click.

8. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

mine has clicked since day 1.

as for you SD card issues... do you have all the OTA updates?

9. BlackDynamite

I installed the first OTA on launch day. I didn't install the latest though.

Mine just barely started clicking a few minutes ago, and it isn't clicking at the moment. I think it will probably start again though if I go into the camera app and back out a few times though.

I should have also mentioned that it got pretty warm while that was going on.

10. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Hm weird! Sounds like you have a real issue there that may require an exchange... it's the SD card that came with the phone right?

11. BlackDynamite

Yeah, using the card that came with the phone.

I really don't want to exchange it because I don't want to go through the rooting process again, lol.

12. Manos

Manos New Member

I turned off the shutter sound but each time I press the touchscreen I can hear a rather annoying clicking sound as if the focus on the camera is resetting. Is this something that needs to be taken to a Sprint store :( I rather not make the trek down there if it is a simple fix...any suggestions not mentioned earlier?

13. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I always hear a sound when I change the focus of the camera to a different distance. But it's not a clicking sound but more of an electric motor sound. I've always had that motorized sound since I got the phone, and immediately knew it was the motor to focus the lens. So not sure if that's the noise you guys are hearing. Haven't heard any clicking when using the camera, and believe me, I've been using the camera almost everyday. :)

14. BlackDynamite

No, that is a different sound. My Evo is making the "clicking" sound on just about every screen now. If I swipe a certain way, it clicks (pops might be a better description). It sounds kind of like a static electricity discharge or something like that. Like you just grabbed a metal doorknob and got shocked...

15. JokerElite

JokerElite Well-Known Member

Could be the haptic feedback.

Manos likes this.
  16. Manos

Manos New Member

Unfreaking believable...it was a settings feature that somehow got enabled. Why would anyone want to hear a clickity clack sound each time you touch the screen?

Below is how I fixed it:

settings menu > Sound and Display > Audible Selection (Play sound when making screen sections) > click this mother OFF and you will be good to go.