• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

weird contact list "display group" bug

TWX

Lurker
Apr 21, 2010
I've experienced a strange bug in the "display group" menu for the contact list since I got the phone. The bug persisted in 1.5, 1.6, and the 1.6 update that I've received OTA from T-Mobile.

If I pick "All Contacts", "Contacts with phone numbers", or "My Contacts" everything works fine. If I pick a group further down on the list, the group is selected, but when I return to the "Display Group" menu, a different contact group, the one immediately preceding the group I've been viewing, is selected.

As an example, I've added a group called "Airlines", which is the first manually-created group alphabetically. When I select "Airlines", then OK, then go back in to choose another group, the select is now on "My Contacts". When I select another of my groups, "Auto Parts & Service", when I go to change groups again I end up with "Airlines" selected, and so forth. Thing is, when I leave the group selection (wrong as it is) unchanged, and OK, it doesn't change to that group, it remains in the previous group that I had selected. This does NOT occur if I have any of the three "Contacts" groups originally selected.

Any suggestions for how to rid myself of this annoying bug that makes it difficult for my wife to know what she's doing on the phone would be much appreciated.

Firmware 1.6
Baseband 62.50SC.20.17H_2.22.23.02
Kernel 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37 android-build@apa26 #19
Build number DMD64

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones