• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Driver issue after CM6 flash

I've been researching this for several days. I flashed CM6 nightly on Friday and it works AMAZINGLY.

But when I tried to connect my Hero via USB cable to my XP machine, it would not recognize it. I have no problem on Win7 or Ubuntu.

So I d/l HTC Sync and had the device manager install the driver. It installed HTC REMOTE NIDS BASED DEVICE.

I am able to use WIRED tethering now, which is really what I needed. But I cannot access my SD Card, even after allowing USB storage to be accessed.

I should note that at first I was using a generic USB cable that has always worked on 2.1. I plugged in the original Hero USB cable and the XP actually saw the Hero and loaded the driver...I then saw the SD Card under drives. BUT, when I turned on Wired Tethering, I lost the drive. Now all I can get is the HTC Remote NIDS.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones