WEIRD. Everything force closes.

Last Updated:

1. steveownedu

steveownedu Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this phone for about a month now. No problems whatsoever, until the other day. My phone was turned off. Then, it "magically" turn on ans started ringing. I turned my phone back off for a while. Later, I turned it back on and the second the home screen pops up, like 10 force close screens pop up. I can't text, internet, nothing. No settings either. I click the phone tab at the bottom and another force screen pops up, same as everything else. It also shows I have no signal at all, when normally I have almost full bars. A few days prior to this, my phone would phase in and out of service for no reason. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

I hope you backed up anything important and had your contacts set to sync to Google. You may end up having to go back to stock with a factory reset. Hopefully there is no hardware issue or else you may end having to make a trip to the Sprint store in the near future.

steveownedu likes this.
  3. steveownedu

Ok. I'm doing the factory reset right now. Does it usually take a while? I formatted my sd card, too.

4. steveownedu

Ahh, thanks. It works now.

5. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

7. Maxipawn

Maxipawn New Member

I had the same problem maybe 3 months ago with my hero, and it was right after i had downloaded a app from the market everything kept force closing even after turning it on and off. I had to factory reset mine too

8. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

You have to make sure your internal phone memory doesn't get too low. Even if you don't think you have that many apps there are other things that use internal memory (browser/application cache, long text threads, lots of voicemails, ect)