• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird favorites bug

pipopipi

May 2, 2009
Hi !!! I have some weird issue in my G2.
Every single call i receive from my contacts goes to my favorites log and can't be deleted.
If i get called by Brian for example, then Brian appears in favorites log automatically and can't delete him even if i clear my calls log.
Does it have a solution ?
thanx.

Well - the Favourites tab shows Starred contacts, followed by 'Frequently Called' numbers. The theroy being that the more you use the phone, the more relevant the content of that list will become.

It's a 'feature' of the dialer you can't change - but like I said, the more you use the phone, the better and more relevant it'll become.

Cheers,

Iain

Upvote 0
Well - the Favourites tab shows Starred contacts, followed by 'Frequently Called' numbers. The theroy being that the more you use the phone, the more relevant the content of that list will become.

It's a 'feature' of the dialer you can't change - but like I said, the more you use the phone, the better and more relevant it'll become.

Cheers,

Iain

Yeah, you are totally right. They are not favorites because they are not starred.
They are frequently callers but even that , i can

Upvote 0
I have also experienced the exact same problem and find it annoying. I remove a favorite and it disappears for the moment. I exit the Dialer/Contacts app but when i go back into the Dialer/Contacts app the removed favorite is back in the favorites list.

The favorites tab is organized in a way that the "Favorites" list is displayed and than the "frequently called" list is displayed. As far as i can see i am removing the item from the "Favorites" list NOT the "Frequently Called" list.

Further complicating the issue is the "starred in adroid" list in google.com/contacts displays the correct list of favorites. The removed Favorites do not exist in the list there. I edited the phone number of the specific contact in google.com/contacts and "synched" with my phone.. It showed the synching process worked (i.e. the phone number changed) but the synching made no difference to the contacts status as a "starred favorite"

I believe this is a software bug related to software existing on the phone as opposed to synching or something related to google.com/contacts

I have a TMobile G1 running 1.6 and have witnessed the issue in every upgrade 1.0 - 1.6

I would love to see this bug fixed.

thanks,

- Dave

Upvote 0
Just use your phone more, and it will sort itself out. The same thing happened on a Docomo phone I previously owned. Annoying if you are calling someone you don't want your other half to know about...(if you get what I mean)...starring your fav's is another way out...hopefully this will be changed in Firmware version 2.0 e.g. You should be able to set a minimum number all calls received and calls made to someone before they show up on your fav's listing...also the people in the fav's list should be able to be barred from the fav's list (frequently called) if they need to be. This is now a standard feature on most Japanese mobiles phones BTW...probably because of the promiscuity of Japanese males no doubt!!! ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones