Weird generic battery happenings on the HTC DesireSupport

Last Updated:

1. SkinJob

SkinJob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a 1600mah generic no name battery off eBay for my HTC Desire (the original battery is 1400mah!). I'm not sure if I should return it on grounds of defectiveness, or not. But it doesn't act at all like the HTC battery the Desire came with, and does some really weird things.

* I often can not connect to my PC at all when this battery is installed. Turns out this may only be happening when it is below a certain level of charge. I can usually connect at any charge with the HTC battery.

* According to the numbers, it slowly loses juice when its plugged into the PC USB

* Also according to the numbers, it consistently registers 3923mV, 75.38 - 76.28dF. While the HTC battery consistently shows 78.98dF (from a cold start) and 3903mV.

* Sometimes, it will actually show an increase in the battery level when NOT plugged in! Other strange variations, is it can sometimes go from say 97% to 93% in a few seconds. Needless to say, the battery level on the HTC battery does not jump around all over the place.

* At 92% charge, I saw a red circle with a yellow exclamation mark, in my notification bar (using Super Circle battery mod). I NEVER see a red circle with the HTC battery. Ever. I'm not even sure I know what it means.

* It lasts about 4 hours of actual use (internet, or just futzing around), wifi on. (Though I think it loses only about 1%/hr. with the screen off, like the HTC).

* I'm not entirely sure about this, but it seems it discharges even when connected to the AC charger, unless the phone is turned off.

Advertisement
  2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Would you buy fuel for your car from an unmarked can at a car boot sale. NO.

Send it back. Now.

3. SkinJob

SkinJob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually, that's the only place I buy my fuel from. It's cheaper than cheese at a cow factory, and I've never been disappointed yet. Oddly, it costs exactly the same to fill up my car with unbranded can gas then it did to buy this unbranded 1600maH battery that came from Mystery Town, China, made by whoknowswho. $7 and a quarter. But that's US dollars. But I paid in Canadian dollars, so I think it just cost me 43 cents, with the current exchange. Was there any other criteria for the battery, or was that it?

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member