• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird happenings with bluetooth.

flying dog

Oct 12, 2010
When I first got the phone things were good. Though the ammount of bluetooth use was small.

It hooked up to my GPS quite nicely so I have handsfree while driving.

No worries.

However: One day I tried to bluetooth a file to someone else with a desire, and the phone started to cycle booting.
I later realised that we hadn't paired the two phones, only scanned and seen them, but not actually PAIRED them.

Only when I actually turned it off then back on, did it behave.

Didn't put any thought to it.

Now, I am trying to push files from it to other things. It is doing the same.
These devices ARE paired to it.

One device is another phone. It has bluetooth but when I say "send via bluetooth" different things happen.
Either:
1 - it sees the device from the list and starts a "three stage" thing where it connects, initiates a slow 1 - 30 step sliding bar going across the screen then says it can't do it.
2 - it reboots and hangs. To get the phone working, I have to let it re-boot and put in my pin, then the phone is only partly working. I have to turn it off then on again and all is ok.

In the way of bluetooth stuff I have:
bluetooth file transfere (app)
ASTRO file manager
OI file manager.

Irrispective of which I use I see the common screen where I see a list of devices and can select the one I want.

I have tried a laptop with bluetooth - obviously - and get the same results happening.

I am only trying to "push" the file. With the bluetooth file transfere program I can "scan" the remote machine, but the same thing happens and the phone just reboots.

I don't think it is anything "wrong" with the phone, just me not setting something - or the deivce to which I am doing it doesn't like it. It just seems strange that both a phone and a laptop yield the same result.

Anyone?

Oh, I am only using android 2.1
It is a HTC Desire. Locked. New - maybe a month old.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones