Weird Icon BugGeneral

Last Updated:

1. s0ma

s0ma Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, so my wife's Eris has had a weird glitch since she got it in January. Before any suggestions, we've tried factory wipe, Settings > Applications and making sure it's the default action, but still no go.

Her messaging icon on the home screen launches other random programs at will. Sometimes it's the last used program, other times it's just completely random apps. I've searched for answers but no dice. Any suggestions? We've also tried recreating a new icon for the screen, and it does the same thing.

*edit* she did have Advanced Task Killer & Advanced Task Manager installed for a time, but has since removed them. I thought maybe it was an app, but she says it has done it since she unpackaged it from the box.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

That's odd. I've never heard of that or had that happen. I, personally, used the stock messaging app for about five minutes before I downloaded handcent. Is she partial to the stock app? If not, dl handcent and see if that causes any problems. If not, I say keep handcent and forget about the stock app.

3. s0ma

s0ma Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, i'm gonna see if she likes it tonight. What a strange glitch... lol. Thanks.

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

thats EASILY fixed
    take it to verizon :)

if theres an issue, show it to them, they will do a factory data reset, and if the problem is still there that they can see, they will replace it for free on the spot