weird issue making calls to my home land lineGeneral

1. garybeck

garybeck Well-Known Member

I've been having this trouble since I got my phone over a year ago.

when I call my home landline phone, I get really strange results. The most common problem is that I hear it ring and ring and ring from the phone I'm calling from (my VM Optimus) but the phone doesn't actually ring at the house.

I have voicemail set up to engage after 4 rings at my house. but it will ring 20 or more times and never get to voicemail.

sometimes after 10 rings or so, it starts ringing in the house and someone picks it up.

occasionally I get through to voicemail, after an unknown number of rings.

if/when I do get through, I often have a bad connection, with a significant delay.

i'm sitting in my house right now and it says I have 2 sold bars of reception.... BUT that shouldn't matter because the problem is when I'm somewhere else and just calling my landline. this problem happens even when I have 4 bars from the calling source location.

i've called VM once and they just said to remove the battery and reboot the phone. didn't do much.

I don't seem to have this problem calling other numbers. I suppose I could try calling some of my neighbors or other people in the same phone exchange.

has anyone seen anything like this?

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Did you have this issue before or after you rooted your phone?
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

If after, try changing to the Harmonia ROM and try to see if it solves the problem.
  4. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you have VoIP home phone by any chance. I had this issue with my voip home phone and found out it was my home phone and not my cell phone.
  5. garybeck

before and after.
  6. garybeck

nope I have a regular old fashioned land line from a telephone company.