1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Issue With Google Voice

Last Updated:

1. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I received a GV voicemail message from a number I didn't recognize. The person leaving the message said someone had called the number. I don't know the person. My phone definitely didn't dial the number. On top of that, my phone didn't ring and the number isn't registered as a missed call. I can't see any reason why I would've gotten this voicemail.

I use Google Voice specifically for voicemail forwarding and have never used my Google Voice phone number. Any idea what the issue could be?

Advertisement
  2. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Yeah. Simply put, as a long time GV user who loves it, GV is weird. It probably has nothing to do with you or your usage.

I would post it on the GV message boards where there are a few top contributors who know much more than I do and you could get some more guidance but I think you should zen out and forget about it unless it becomes a recurring issue.

Good luck,

David

Wordslinger likes this.
  3. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted on the GV message boards. Still waiting for a reply though. For now I'm going to register this as a random glitch and move on. Although I don't like the idea that one of my voicemail messages could end up with a stranger. Oh well. That's technology for you.