• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird issue with hearing calls

raevin

Sep 5, 2012
I've tried popping the battery out and putting it back in, I got the volumes on the phone set up to max and even on the volume dial I've made sure to set that to max.

I can't ear anything my earpiece when making a call, but when I put the phone on speaker I have no issues. I'm not sure what's going on here, and I've not been able to find anything helpful via Google and such.

I haven't had that issue, have you tried factory resetting?

Nah. What I think happened is I did something to the ear piece because with my last smartphone I had to smack the upper part of it to get the battery out. I didn't see the pull tab (bad eyesight) so I did the same thing on this phone.

I got it to work again last night after pulling the battery out for a few (~1 hour) so that might've been the fix, I don't know. But I've been testing it at various times of the day and haven't ran into an issue yet since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones