Weird keyboard in swypeTips

Last Updated:

1. sanduneboi

sanduneboi Active Member

Was holding my phone a weird way, hit some buttons by accident and there were weird keys on there. Arrows, cut, copy, paste buttons. Don't know how I got there, would like to know how to get back though.

Advertisement
    qwertyaas likes this.
  2. JRob2k

JRob2k Member

if you drag your finger from the swype help icon to the symbol icon it takes you to that part of the keyboard. pretty usefull for selecting specific characters in text.
    ChristinaRae likes this.
  3. pyrplhaze

pyrplhaze Member

totally one of my favorite features about the swype keyboard! VERY useful once you get used to it!
  4. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

I also heard there is a 'trackpad' on the swype keyboard but can't seem to find it.

But I never knew of this feature. It's great!
  5. PersonOfKnownOrigin

PersonOfKnownOrigin Active Member

That's what they call the trackpad.
  6. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

Oh I thought it was a touch version of it like the handwriting box ;)
  7. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Well-Known Member

that's happened to me a few times too, i just clock and hold the "sym" or "abc" button and it takes me back, i have no idea what that's for though...
    ChristinaRae likes this.
  8. sanduneboi

sanduneboi Active Member

Can we get this moved to the tips and tricks section... Would've originally posted it there, but I wasn't sure what I had done....
  9. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Here's where I went to learn Swype, the videos are just a few minutes and it really made it fun. Now I'm really fast and enjoying my Captivate more than the full keyboard I was used to on my BlackBerry Bold. A statement I never thought I would make.

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Cheers... :)
    sanduneboi likes this.
  10. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Moved and linked