Weird Keyboard Question - Orientation Based

Last Updated:

1. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the deal. I love using the Swype keyboard in portrait mode to throw out texts in a hurry. However, when I turn to landscape mode I'd much rather use the default keyboard because the swype keyboard does weird things when two thumbed typing.

Advertisement
  2. CLRana9017

CLRana9017 Active Member

and . . . what's the question?

3. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

It just does weird things because the keys are in weird places. :)

4. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Your question is not Captivate-specific. There are plenty of other forums on this site; don't get tunnel vision to this particular forum just because you have the phone.

For example, the question you have (I'm assuming) relates to Android itself, not the Captivate. I've posted a thread on this particular subject, which you could have found using the search button.

That said, there are still no replies....

5. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

While that may be the case, every Android phone displays different characteristics even while running the same programs.

You have posted this same message in a couple of threads I see. I think it best for a Moderator to determine where questions get asked.

We have all been helping each other with these types of questions since the phone came out. Just let it be.

6. lionheartck

lionheartck Member

2 things I noticed. 1, You can't have 2 fingers on the screen at once when regular tapping a swype keyboard. Slow down a little, or try and figure out a cadence to avoid that. Remember, the swype board is expecting a trail. (maybe email the dev, and suggest an option to turn the tracing off in landscape.

2, you can long-hold on the text field and quick switch to the standard keyboard if you feel a long reply coming on.

Also, readyroc, your auto replies are condescending and not helpful. It's only slightly nicer than "USE SEARCH NOOB!". This is a place to ask questions and learn together. If a question was answered elsewhere, post a link, and help out. We're in this together.

7. JRob2k

JRob2k Member

So there is no way to have the SWYPE keyboard in portrait orientation and the Android or Samsung keyboard in landscape orientation?