Weird observation.Support

Last Updated:

1. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just received a Refurb and the old Incredible has a dot graph show up when angled in direct light but the new one doesn't. Did they change the type of screen I have on the Refurb due to back ordered Samsung screens? Is there a way to know if it's not an AMOLED? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Those dots are part of the touchscreen digitizer. Not the screen itself. They might just be better hidden on the newer ones, but that has no effect on what screen is beneath it.

Check the part number, since different screens will require a different part number.

3. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

Yep, it's part of the touchscreen digitizer, and it's normal for them to be there.

4. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

I didn't notice the dots on my 1st two DIncs, but I noticed it on my 3rd (all were brand new). I can't see them anymore.

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

The refurb I got today does NOT have those dots as well or if it does I can't see them like I can in my 4/29 Inc. It also lacks the pink hue my 4/29 Inc has. Both have the grounding issue though. The refub has to be OLED the blacks are just as good as my original Inc and next to my Eris it really shows.

6. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know why they are showing on my old one and not on the new one unless there are different digitizers. Where are the part numbers for the digitizer? Is that documented in a setting like the Nam settings?