Weird power button issue.... I thinkSupport

Last Updated:

1. AyeAyeCapn

AyeAyeCapn Member This Topic's Starter

On sunday, I was at work and I whip out my phone to read a text, after I read it I push the power button to sleep, it doesn't sleep. I push it again, nothing. again. again. again. nothing!!! So i just let the phone go to sleep itself, but the issue isn't solved. When I get home I take the battery out and put it back in and it fixes the problem for maybe 10 minutes then right back to the issue. So I do a factory reset via the on screen menu (Screen turned on after I received a text so I took advantage of it) The factory reset worked for a few hours and then back to the issue. URGH..

The thing is I can hear the power button "click" when I push it so I know the button is making contact every time. Is it a short? I have a warranty going and I can send it out to be fixed, but I don't want to be without my phone since I use it for business and socially.. anybody have the same issue and fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

stop by a corporate sprint repair center and see what they have to say.

3. AyeAyeCapn

I did a hard reset and it seems to have quelled the issue for now. Hopefully it doesn't come up again. Silly me.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

This happens to me on the Epic / Captivate semi-frequently. Has not happened on my Evo. I wonder if an app has something to do with it, or some background process.

5. AyeAyeCapn

I was thinking that it was an app as well. I'm afraid to get all of my apps back for fear of it happening again. I scanned my Evo with Lookout and found no viruses or malware, but I'm sure it overlooked something. Although I've solved the issue currently, I would definitely like to know if anyone else has this problem so we can find any commonalities of apps/widgets between us and knock the problem out!

6. AyeAyeCapn

bleh, it went right back to doing it again.

7. AyeAyeCapn

Isn't there an app that allows you to use the volume keys to put the phone in and out of sleep?