Weird problem concerning music & headphones?

1. hellocoldworld

hellocoldworld New Member

Hello,

I have an HTC Inspire/HTC Desire HD, and ever since I got the phone last July, it has had a weird problem with it. Almost every time I plug headphones in the headphone jack, a couple seconds later, the phone randomly starts playing music from my Google Music library. Then, every time I try to pause the music, and I go back to the app I was trying to play sound on, the song or a different song starts playing again. Sometimes, it also brings up the "voice command" menu. Which is weird, because I rarely use it. Come to think of it, I don't even use my Google Music a lot.
    But right whenever I unplug the headphones, everything stops.

Help?

Thanks,

hellocoldworld:)

Advertisement
    :
  2. mith059

mith059 Member

It could be that movement of the headphone plug is causing slight hiccups in the connection and the phone is interpreting that static as a cord button press or as the phones being unplugged. I know I've had this issue. A way to test is to limit movement of near the jack and see if taking extra care there prevents the problem. I have noticed that earphones that don't have the microphone almost never have this problem.