Weird Problem When Surfing on 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running BB v0.9 (2.1 ESE53 ROM).

I have a problem when surfing using the stock Google 2.1 Browser and the Dolphin Browser. Screen text no longer "auto-fits" to match the screen size.

Here's a description of what I am seeing:

One very handy feature of the more recent browsers was that it would auto-adjust any column width of text to match the current zoom level. The best way to think of this would be when reading a news article. I would pinch-zoom the text so that it was a comfortable size when reading, and all the words in the column would auto-adjust to the width of the screen for the new font size. This would mean that all I needed to do was scroll vertically to read almost any text, and not have to do *any* horizontal scrolling at all. If I zoomed out, the words would auto-adjust again to the width of the new screen, and I would again be able to just scroll vertically to continue reading. Every time I would adjust the screen size, I would see the text joggling around to fit the new screen resolution.

It seems like now the screen text auto adjust works just one time: When the page first loads. Changing screen resolution now requires that I scroll horizontally and vertically to read test.

Does anyone else see this problem?

Advertisement
  2. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody?