• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Problems with my Captivate

Sheldor

Jul 26, 2010
Lately I've been having some weird problems with my Cappy. It all started when it kept saying I had the wrong password for my Gmail account. I think this was because the changed the requirements for the password. Eventually I made a new password, but I'm still experiencing glitches.

First is performance. Sometimes for random intervals I experience poor performance. Like playing Bonzai Blast, it will sometime slow down or stop.

I also had problems with the Youtube app. I kept getting error messages saying that it failed, and that it needed to do a forced shutdown.

The third thing is that I don't seem to be able have my phone search for upgrades. Whenever I do, no matter what it says there was an error, forcing me to wait 24hrs to try again (and fail again).

Anyone know whats up?

I dont remember where I had found this, so I cant quote/give credit, but I sent this to a friend last week and it worked.

Got to "Settings", "Applications", "Manage applications". When in "Manage applications", hit the menu key and select "filter". Once in "filter" mode select all. Now look for "Device management" and access it. When in "Device management" hit "Clear data".

Now you will need to reboot the phone. Once the phone reboots, wait a couple minutes and check for updates.

This is just for the Third Thing. The other 2 I am not certain about. I know sometimes my phone seems to hang but that started up after I installed Lookout (testing for a friend)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones