Weird questionGeneral

1. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

I got the app uninstaller in the market and one day I opened it up and saw all the apps I had and one of them said Android System 2.1 and I can uninstall it... what happens if I uninstall it and exactly what is it?

Advertisement
  2. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

It won't let you uninstall it. And uninstalling something called Android System doesn't seem like a smart thing to do in the first place.

EDIT: Although I HAVE tried to uninstall it, lol.
  3. Android noob

Are you sure it wont let you uninstall it? I know you cant through manage applications but in this Uninstaller app I got it looks like it would let me.
  4. ErisKlown

ErisKlown Well-Known Member

try it and let us know the end resulsts.......lol.

it is your operating system.odds are it wont!!!
  5. Android noob

Lol yeah I know, thats why I asked it on here instead of actually trying it :) I'm too afraid to try it.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Delete it. It takes up a huge amount of internal memory. Just like the "system32" folder on a Windows computer. Its pointless. Its a whole bunch of extra fluff.

:rolleyes:
  7. porky101

porky101 Well-Known Member

What app uninstaller program are you using?
  8. Android noob

Its just called Uninstaller by Rythm Software.
  9. Android noob

And Demanche I know what it is, I just want to see what happens if you do uninstall it, if its possible :p
  10. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

android system is an app. a good one too
  11. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Meh, it's marginal. ;)
  12. Android noob

Is that a joke? or are you being serious? because it doesn't show up in my app list.. only the uninstaller app.
  13. xx_bishop_xx

There's probably a good reason you cannot uninstall this one. I think it would seriously compromise the operation of your phone, I can't see how it would function at all without it. I'm sure the thought has crossed at least a few minds. :D
  14. Android noob

Yeah I'm just confused at why this program is giving me the option to uninstall it though. I'll upload a picture of it tomorrow :p
  15. xx_bishop_xx

If it's like the "Footprints" application, and the other pre-installed/protected apps, it probably lists it as an application, but if you actually try to uninstall it fails. I sense that you are tempted; however....haha.
  16. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

Guys, I tried a while back, and it won't let me do it.
  17. Android noob

Darn it... That would have entertained me if I could have actually done that...