Weird Quirk of Birthdays?Support

Last Updated:

1. IgnatiusTheKing

IgnatiusTheKing Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have birthdays in many of my contacts and have my calendar set up to show them. On someone's birthday, a little icon shows up on their contact picture (like when I call them) noting that it is their birthday.

The odd thing, though, is that the alert always shows as one day late. For instance, today is my sister's birthday, and when I called her I noticed the icon told me her birthday was tomorrow, but it had the correct date (August 26).

Has anyone else seen this behavior or have a fix?

Advertisement
  2. IgnatiusTheKing

Okay so...another wrinkle to this weird behavior. When I called her number again this afternoon, it said "today" instead of "tomorrow". So it seems like my birthdays calendar is maybe on the wrong timezone or something (even though if I check the settings in Google calendar it is correct)?

Any help would be appreciated...

3. IgnatiusTheKing

Delving further in...I looked at the event itself in Google calendar and noticed that birthdays run from midnight on the birthday to midnight that night (technically one second into the next day), so I suppose somehow this is responsible. Seems like a bug.

Attached Files:

4. julie2928

julie2928 Member

Mine seem to show up a day early, my son's birthday is Sept 8th, and every time I go to the calendar, it shows on the 7th. I've deleted it and re-entered mulitple times, on both my desktop (google calendar) as well as on the EVO, and the result is always the same. No idea what's causing it but it's really annoying.