weird random text from BREW???Support

Last Updated:

1. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a weird problem, has anyone seen this before, I get random text messages and they say

Advertisement
  2. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

Did you recently change from a phone that had mobile web, email, VCAST, or VZ Nav?

If you did, those are automated messages noticing that you no longer have those features active. It's some weird glitch from upgrading from the old plans to these current plans.

I received three the day after I activated my DINC. Turns out it came from Mobile Email, VCAST, and VZ Nav for me. I replied "stop" to each and called VZW to make sure it stopped those features completely.

potterdood likes this.
  3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Exactly, I came from a LG Dare that had that stuff, but wonder why it's using my yahoo id instead of my log in though? anyways I'll start replying with STOP, thanks again.

4. dwoods

dwoods New Member

Verizon Customer Service had me go into my Yahoo Messenger preferences on my computer not my phone and disable the feature to use my mobile phone to receive messages. Also, I disabled any yahoo messenger mobile alerts there were setup with my old LG Dare. I have no idea how the alerts were setup, but it seemed to do the trick. I haven’t received one damn ‘//BREW…’ message since. I have a Droid Incredible.

5. abond1971

abond1971 New Member

i'm with cricket and did do a contact backup.. could this have something to do with why i am getting these brew text messages? HOW do we get them to stop?? I have not been able to figure it out and I get at least 10 per day! Please HELP!