Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Go into developer options and uncheck "show screen updates"
    Perhaps that will help:)
  3. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Well-Known Member

also try..settings..developer options..and click disable hardware(hw) overlays
    Mikestony likes this.
  4. Mikestony

Thanks Nehemiah!
    In fact, the only thing I have checked in the "Developer options" is "usb debugging".
    Every other box is UN-checked. :)
  5. JxT

JxT Active Member

What does disable hardware overlays do? I didn't even have developer options enabled. The phone was only rooted and stock everything.
  6. Mikestony

Most of the things in there I am not clear on, so I don't mess with them...only the usb debugging which I enabled before rooting my phone.

So just enable the developer options and take a peek in there.:) Don't have to change anything, but just disable the "hardware overlays" and "screen updates" to see if it helps your screen issue.
  7. JxT

JxT Active Member

The only thing though is I can't make the issue happen on demand. Few times it happens but most time it doesn't so I don't know if it really helps of not.
  8. JxT

JxT Active Member

Okay it did happen still with disable hardware overlay. So what could it be?
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The first thing to try would be a factory reset. Since you are rooted, this will be less painless. Ensure you take a nandroid backup of your phone and also a titanium backup. Also suggest backing up sms with sms backup+

Factory reset from recovery only (Android will wipe your internal SD card if you use that).

If the issue doesn't go away, its not really software (or at least not YOUR software). Use triangle away to reset the flash counter, flash official ROM via odin (without booting into android first) then return it for repair (Check the flickering still happens on official ROM).

If it does go away, it was your software. Selectively restore your apps and data using titanium. Only restore what you NEED. Any application that doesn't contain important data, restore the app only.
  10. JxT

JxT Active Member

I tried factory resetting through recovery like you said but it still happened. The thing though is that it only happens in the gallery so far that I noticed. Is there a reason for that?
  11. Mikestony

Just for giggles, try a different gallery app like QuickPic and see if it happens in that app :)
    I like that better anyways:)
  12. JxT

JxT Active Member

Actually so far it hasn't. I'm thinking it's the animation that is causing the glitching. I might be screwed since I bought it off someone. Customer of a friend or something like that. He claimed it was a refurbished from t-mobile so hopefully I can get an exchange still.