• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Weird Screen When Flashing

jamezgt

Jun 15, 2010
I'm currently using Modoca 2.2 and trying to flash my phone to Cyanogen 6.0. I dragged over the Cyanogen file (and Google Addon) files to my SDcard, safely unmounted my phone and went into bootloader.

Once there, I selected Bootloader, and then Recovery. A couple of seconds later, I see this screen with a caution sign (!) inside a yellowish triangle, with the little green android logo right beside it. I waited several minutes, and it didn't disappear so I had to take the battery out (no other way to turn off the phone).

Frustrated, I decided to update my phone through the little pop up I get that asks me to update to 2.2. It said installing, and restarting, rebooted my phone and the same thing happened! So now I'm stuck, and have no idea what to do. Can't access my Recovery mode to back things up before I flash Cyanogen.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones