Weird scrolling issue....Support

Last Updated:

1. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This happens predominately when I'm browsing long pages, basically I'll flick to scroll down fast, then I'll tap to stop when I want to. Then I'll do the smallest flick to go a tad lower, but instead it registers as much longer swipe and it scrolls super fast.

I've tried this on the stock browser, xscope, and skyfire. Anyone else get this kind of thing going on?

Advertisement
  2. bkratzer83

bkratzer83 Well-Known Member

it happens to me all the time

tonyb81 likes this.
  3. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

It happens. Just gotta watch it.

4. tonyb81

Crap, I was kinda hoping that this wasn't a widespread thing cause it annoys the hell out of me.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yeah, sometimes it'll "turbo scroll" all the way to the bottom of the page in the blink of an eye, in portrait mode.

I have not noticed it in landscape mode, which is what I use 99% of the time.

6. tonyb81

Well I had verizon send me another phone cause this was really bad for me. To the point that I couldn't even browse long pages. So I got my new phone today with 1.5 on it, and the crazy browser scrolling is nowhere to be found. I'm stoked, I'm just worried that it may be a 2.1 issue, hopefully it was just related to my phone.

7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

This problem has been bugging me lately. It would be really handy to do it on purpose sometimes. Has anyone figured out how it works? What is the gesture that activates turbo scroll?

8. psyfect

psyfect New Member

Here's what I think is happening and why:

On another thread I read that two users agreed it seems to happen when web pages are loading. I then played around with scrolling and found out how to scroll fast intentionally:

On a large page scroll down using a 'flick motion.' Repeat this action in quick succession several times. The flicks will increase the speed of the scroll with each iteration until it reaches it's limit.

Based on this, I suspect that impatient flicks (meant to scroll through a loading web page) stack unbeknownst to the user (who thinks the browser is just being unresponsive), and, once the browser can address the queue of commands, executes them as stacked.

Basically, I'm guessing the browser is not multi-threaded and it might be best to wait for the page to load.

bberryhill0 likes this.
  9. bberryhill0

Thanks for the effort but it happens to me in the middle of reading a news story that has been loaded for a while. Welcome to the forums!

10. psyfect

psyfect New Member

Well, It's not only web page loading. It could be anything cpu our browser intensive causing stacks. Heavy advertisements, flash, background applications still running, etc.

Does it happen to you when you only swipe once (and wait for the animation to complete before swiping again) on a page with only text? If so then that's gotta be a glitch and not lag, I would guess.

I read on another thread if you tap the bottom then the top quickly that it'll scroll fast, perhaps this played part?

Thanks for the welcome!

11. bberryhill0

It just did it. I was scrolling up and down and xScope suddenly scrolled to the bottom of this page. It happens in all web apps. Not sure if it happens in email. I suspect that it is a very short skip in a swipe. A divot in my thumb or a bad spot on the screen or a lag in the OS. It never has scrolled up.